Asked on Apr 19, 2014

New Paint Color Recommendation. Would Like to Keep the Trim the Same.

Tina JonesSonja TuckMerry D
+12

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Was thinking either going very dark (like a navy) or going very light. The rest of the house is done in a beige/neutral/moss green/gold tones.
  • Julie
    Julie

Hard to say...it's gorgeous already! Maybe a rich, deep red? It would look great with the piano. Definitely a beautiful room.

• Beth McCurdy
      Beth McCurdy

Thanks Julie. It's been this color for over 10 years and the house is due for a paint job so I thought I'd change the brown.

• Beth McCurdy
    Beth McCurdy

Thanks Julie. It's been this color for over 10 years and the house is due for a paint job so I wanted to change it.

• Janet Smith
    Janet Smith

I see a really soft Federal blue. I think I would extend the blue up on the soffit too and leave the arched ceiling light. I think it would make the room look larger and more dramatic. I agree the brown needs to go as it dates the room.

• Lori J
    Lori J

What a lovely room...whatever color you select.

• You have a stunning room! What about drawing inspiration from the colors in the painting on the wall?

• Jody Kimble-Livermore
    Jody Kimble-Livermore

Sunflower gold :)

• Merry D
    Merry D

Beth, did you ever choose a color?

• Beth McCurdy
      Beth McCurdy

@Merry D I still haven't painted yet! I've gone onto some other projects. We are going to be downsizing in 4 years and the whole house needs painting so I think I'm going to go with a neutral color for the entire house to help with resale.

• Sonja Tuck
    Sonja Tuck

What about a dark colour where it is white now and reversing the idea

• Tina Jones
    Tina Jones

I know this is an older post, but in my mind's eye I see the three lowest panels in Black. The three upper panels in broad (3-5") vertical stripes in Ivory and Black with an echo from the piano of a thin gold stripe or two on each panel.