Asked on Feb 21, 2018

How to hang pictures on Slanted walls?

Mary MiddenWee17052525Rhonda Brooks
+6

I have slanted walls on the two bedrooms of my second floor. Can I hang pictures from these slanted walls, and if so, how would I go about doing that? Thanks!

• Dfm
    Dfm

Regular picture hook, hook and loop fasteners for the bottom of the frames.
  • Joanne Layton Woods
    Joanne Layton Woods

i have seen cute stencils and vinyl decals on slanted walls/low roofline. think if you want to attach a framed picture then it depends on the angle of the wall and make sure the 3 m product can hold the weight
  • Shore grandmom
    Shore grandmom

Command strips has velcro picture hanging strips. They have ones for different weight pictures. Just put the strips on the top and bottom of the picture instead of just the top.
  • Janice
    Janice

You should be able to hang them with either Velcro or the 2-sided mounting tape. Both are available in small packets at Dollar Tree. The Velcro has an adhesive side and a "tooth" side. Cut four small squares form the roll or strip of it and adhere the adhesive sides to the appropriate location on the walls to match up with the 4 outer corners of your picture frame. Do the same on the frame. It will take some planning and measurement but should work to keep the picture hanging right onto the wall even though it is at an angle. Same instructions for the mounting tape. This will be pretty cool and a bit out of the ordinary. The adhesive strips are easily removed by heating them with a hair blow-dryer with no damage to your walls. You could do it easily with posters, and other lighter weight artwork as well. Great idea you have, Weega65. Maybe post a pic, if you do it. Help others who have this type of walls in the upstairs of their homes.
  • Nor718
    Nor718

If the slant is not too bad, you could try museum putty. Hang the pictures and then put the museum putty behind the lower corners, its safe for your walls and should keep your pics straight.
  • Rhonda Brooks
    Rhonda Brooks

To play it careful I would use command hooks to hang pictures on.
  • Wee17052525
    Wee17052525

Thanks to all for your wonderful suggestions!!
  • Mary Midden
    Mary Midden

Get the new Command strips