DIY Barn Door Under $10 in 30 Minutes

$10

DIY Barn Door Under $10 in 30 Minutes – easy weekend project for the beginner! Get that farmhouse look you love!
DIY Barn Doors are all the craze these days and boy do I LOVE them!! I have ideas for barn doors all over my house!!! I started by making a 4′ x 1.5′ barn door for my family room wall with super high ceilings! The entire cost for the wood was only $6.40 and only took 30 minutes to make! Use the leftover scrap wood from this barn door and build my next favorite project = DIY Wooden blanket Ladder!
How To Build a DIY Barn Door
I went to Lowes and purchased furring strips. They come in different widths so you can choose based on your preference. I purchased a total of 5 furring strips.
How To Build a DIY Barn Door
I had Lowes cut them in half for me so it was one less thing I had to do at home. Unfortunately my wood wasn’t cut “exactly” in half so I did have to trim my door once it was assembled so the boards were all even.
I began by laying out 6 boards all next to each other – wide boards on the ends and thinner boards in the middle. I then laid one board vertical across the top 6″ down and one board vertical across the bottom 6″ up. I marked on the vertical boards where they would need to be cut and then cut it with a hand held battery operated circular saw. (I used my  $12 DIY Planter Boxes as saw horses, haha!)
Once the two boards were cut I laid them back in their positions 6″ from top and bottom and used an air nailer and compressor and 1″ brad nails to secure them to the horizontal boards that make up the door.
I then laid my last board across from the bottom of my top vertical board to the top of my bottom vertical board and marked with pencil the needed cut marks.
Once that board was cut I nailed it in place – this give the door additional support.
Then flip the door over and screw in D-Ring wall hooks – you can purchase these at Walmart in the hardware section for $0.98.
I chose to stain my door with Minwax Early American stain – the same color we just stained our hardwood floors!
I'd love for you to PIN this project and come check out my blog for more great and easy projects!!

• 1x3x8 furring strips  (Lowes)
  • Air nailer
  • 1" brad nails

The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
Gathered In The Kitchen