- 4 Black Tea Bags (MUST BE black tea, read why here)
- 8 oz boiling water
- Spray Bottle
Homemade Window Cleaner From Tea
This is such a fun post today! How to make homemade window cleaner from tea bags! This also works for glass surfaces like ovens, mirrors, or glass tops.
First, WHY would you want to know how to make window cleaner from tea bags?? Well, if you ever run out of window cleaner, it is nice to have multiple alternatives to use around the home.
As you know, our website is full of so many different cleaning tips
I have been doing a lot of research recently on tannins, a chemical found in tea. We have been experimenting with different tea cleaning options, and this one is my favorite!
What you Need:
- Make sure your water is at a rolling boil. Filtered water works best for this.
- Add the 4 tea bags to the boiling water and allow to steep for 10-15 minutes (no less than 10).
- Remove tea bags and allow mixture to cool for a few hours.
- Add to your spray bottle!
This will last for a week, but it is such a small amount, you probably won’t have to worry about it. You can store it in the refrigerator to keep it longer, just allow it to come to room temperature before using.
This glass door was SO dirty! If you follow my instagram, you got to see the tutorial of me cleaning this window with the tea cleaner lol. Our bulldog loves to slobber on the glass.
It is a great for cleaning sticky residue off of glass stove tops too!
1. Spray the glass or window surface well.
2. With a microfiber cloth (click link below to read our tips on microfiber) or paper towel, rub the solution around the window area and buff.
3. This didn’t take much elbow grease to remove the dirty smudges and bulldog slobber from my back door, just a light circular motion. If your surface is extra dirty or stuck on, repeat application if necessary.
Tea contains an interesting chemical called tannins. There are a few types in black tea.
Click the link to Chemistry Cachet to learn more about why this works!
- Tea bags (store)
- Water (filtered is best) (store)
- Spray bottles (online)
Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!Go