Dining Table Makeover

$50

Our dining table is a yard sale find. We found the dining table along with the bookshelf and the cabinet. Since the dining table was okay to use compared to other two items, I did not do anything to that. Then, life got busy with other things. When we moved from North Carolina to New Jersey, I did give a fresh coat of paint and then used my DIY laminated placemats and a sheet of clear vinyl to decorate. The dining table area in the current apartment is quite dark as it doesn't have any windows, I thought it is time to give the table a little makeover. Let's see how I did.

Measure and cut the required size of the wallpaper according to the area you are applying. 
Mix the wallpaper paste. 
After 15 mins, apply a coat of the paste to the width of the first panel and an approximate of 2 to 3 inches more.
Carefully place the wallpaper aligning to the edges.Smooth the wallpaper as you apply just as would apply the contact paper. Then apply more wallpaper paste for the second panel and repeat until you complete.
Now the dining table with the new makeover is ready to use. I am happy how quick and easy the project went. I am still going to use the clear vinyl on top to protect the surface from spills. The dining area now looks fresh with the flowers printed wallpaper without having to compromise the color scheme (In our apartment, all the furniture we own are mostly black or brown.So, I didn't want any drastic color change. I was happy I found this Black geranium wallpaper) . For more step by step pictures and additional information, click here. 

3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
Sahana

• Dl.5660408
    Dl.5660408

Very pretty, the vinyl protects it and when you want, easy to change! Great idea!

• Sheryl
    Sheryl

I love this idea! I love wallpaper, but I love paint, but I love wood...bottom line, I never have enough surfaces to use all the things I love. Now you‘ve given me a new idea.