I can’t get the foggy, hard water cloud from glass bowls and glasses

+4

• Jennifer Jennifer on Feb 24, 2018
    I've had luck with baking soda and diluted white vinegar. Make a paste with the baking soda and rinse with the vinegar. I haven't tried them on glass, but I use Magic Erasers on the tile in my shower with great success.
  • Victoria Victoria on Feb 24, 2018
    try using vinegar; if that doesn’t clear them and you are using an automatic dishwasher it could be etching - I had that happen years ago
    • Judithsaragelt Judithsaragelt on Feb 24, 2018
      Thanks Victoria, does that mean the dishwasher is causing the etching? Is there a way to prevent it?
  • Jlnatty Jlnatty on Feb 24, 2018
    Try CLR (a commercial product that removes mineral build-up). As Victoria said in her comment, it could be etching and if that's the case, the "cloudy" look will remain.
  • Chubby58 Chubby58 on Feb 24, 2018
    Try soaking the whole glass in white vinegar. Leave it in there over night. I had a few plants sitting in a glass bowl for a while and used this solution and it worked great.