Clean tracks

+4
q clean tracks
doors sit down in tracks..tracks are 1 inch deep...hard to clean...
  • Rose Broadway Rose Broadway on Feb 24, 2018
    Spray your most favorite cleaner in the tracks and wipe out with paper towels. Keep doing this until it's squeaky clean. If it isn't very dirty I just use household wipes.
    • See 1 previous
      Yes, you would probably have to use something like a toothbrush. I hope that's small enough. Let us know how it works.
  • M. M.. M. M.. on Feb 24, 2018
    Are these shower door tracks or sliding house glass door?They look like aluminum which can pit/corrode over the years.
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Feb 24, 2018
    I agree with Rose, so do I...........
  • Joy30150932 Joy30150932 on Feb 24, 2018
    Try a little bleach, hot water and Dawn and then use a silicone spray to spray the tracks for an easier slider.
  • Betsy Betsy on Feb 24, 2018
    I have this problem on my patio door. First, vacuum the area. Then, I grab is a big old pail of elbow grease , some vinegar (mix in a little water and dish soap). Get out your paper towels, a brush, like a tooth brush, and go to town. When you're done, put some wax on the area. Spray, car, floor, doesn't matter, just wax it to make the door slide easily. Wax every time you clean the area. Vacuum it a couple of times a week, and you should be ahead of the problem.