Asked on Feb 25, 2018

Can I use sticky tape to put tile on the wall?

PattyAngieBernice H
+4

William

Ceramic tile is glued on using thinset or tile mastic and grouted. Plastic tile can be glued on with tile mastic or construction adhesive.
  • 27524803
    27524803

Only if you want it to fall off the first time you try to wash it..... check with your local home improvement store... in the tile department.... there are rolls of adhesive that are made to hold tile on a wall area like a back splash....
  • depends on the weight of the tile and if it is exposed to steam or heat. If it were me, I probably wouldn't use tape for tile.
  • Bernice H
    Bernice H

How about Velcro??
  • Angie
    Angie

I have very small pieces of tile that I want to frame an inset on a regular wall. Not in shower or anywhere that it could get wet. Could I use glue?

• Patty
    Patty

No do not use tape or velcro. If you glue it, it will stick, and when you take it down the drywall will come with it. I am pretty sure youtube can teach you how to do this correctly. Good luck and have fun!