A mysterious black dropping

+6
I can’t identify what may be the rodent that is leaving this dropping.
I find this once a week on our living room/kitchen floor, just one dropping per week..very mysterious.
Black, hard, a perfect bullet like shape with one end having a flat cut.
q a mysterious black dropping
  • Redcatcec Redcatcec on Feb 25, 2018
    You may want to consider a Nanny Cam to see what is leaving the dropping.
  • Gabrielle Falk Gabrielle Falk on Feb 25, 2018
    Perhaps have a talk with your local pest exterminator (NOT that I like anything being exterminated-at all) - they might be able to give you a clue. ie. what little animal might be leaving you an 'offering'. A little field mouse? But I guess it all depends where u live. Take a photo of the 'offering' and show it to them. Maybe they can help. Are you near a forested area? The USA has a wonderful wild life (as we do in Australia). Is this little visitor creating damage-ie chewing furniture, etc.? Maybe they just want to live in a lovely family home!!!!
  • Dfm Dfm on Feb 25, 2018
    That sound like something a previous cat that I had was doing. It’s a way showi g displeasure.
  • Devra Devra on Feb 25, 2018
    Do you have kids that are playing a joke in you? Only once a week? Maybe a sloth?
  • Wil Hurd Wil Hurd on Feb 26, 2018
    Maybe a snipe left it!
  • Pks32633016 Pks32633016 on Feb 27, 2018
    It looks like one of those nubs from a rubber mat - - mine come off once in awhile, but just 1 per week ? I'm with the answer who suggested someone is pranking you - - sorry.
  • Tallahassee Girl Tallahassee Girl on Feb 27, 2018
    That does NOT appear to be from an animal.
  • Kristen Crawford Kristen Crawford on Feb 27, 2018
    I agree with other posters..... Didn't look like an animal dropping.
  • Beija-Flor Beija-Flor on Feb 27, 2018
    Thank you everyone for the answers. So.. I checked one place which never occurred to me to check before. It was my sandal which was shedding its old rubber spikes once a week......