How do you paint vinyl shutters to make them like new?

+5
I have 30 year old vinyl shutters that need to be refreshed on my modular home. Any ideas? Paint in place, remove and paint or some other ideas?

• 2dogal 2dogal on Feb 26, 2018
    They are just screwed on. Remove the shutters. clean, sand and paint.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Feb 26, 2018
    Remove them, clean and spray paint with rustoleum 2X for vinyl, apply two light coats allowing to dry in-between and seal with a clear UV protectant
    • Sheepwoman Sheepwoman on Feb 26, 2018
      That is a great idea to use a UV protectant! Thanks for the great tip and the suggestion on the vinyl Rustoleum paint!
  • Pam Gross Pam Gross on Feb 26, 2018
    I took mine down, washed really well and spray painted them. They have been in place for 4 years and counting still look great. Used Krylon spray paint in black.
  • Itsmemic Itsmemic on Feb 26, 2018
    removing is always best..but quite a job. I removed mine and spray painted with Rustoleum. Beautiful !
  • Dianacirce70 Dianacirce70 on Feb 26, 2018
    It might be more of a pain, but I would remove and paint so you know they are covered well, and no paint gets on your siding

• Sheepwoman Sheepwoman on Feb 27, 2018
    Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone!