Transform Dollar Store Terra Cotta Pots Into Easter Table Decor

$10

Using some acrylic paint, moss and Terra Cotta pots from Dollar Tree, I now have a adorable Easter Tablescape
I stated with terra cotta pots from the Dollar Tree. They come 2 in a pack for $1.00
Next I took some white acrylic paint and mixed with a little water. I didn't want it to runny that it wouldn't stick to the pot but not too thick that it would cover to much. Start by adding a little water at a time and mixing.
Once the outside of the pot dries do the same to the inside. It doesn't have to be the whole inside just enough so if you saw inside the pot it would look the same as the outside.
Next I took fine grit sand paper and sanded it to give it extra aging. You can go as heavy or light or skip this whole process if you wanted.
Now that your pots are painted and ready to decorate, take some newspaper of some sort and stuff your pot half way. This will help to stack the pots without having to use too much Moss.
Next stack your pots and fill the gaps with Moss.
I used Reindeer Moss from Dollar Tree as well for this part.
Follow the same steps for pots you will only fill with eggs. Fill half way with newspaper and cover the top with Moss.
Next step is to accessorize. I used natural toned speckled eggs from Hobby Lobby. I used my hot glue gun to glue them to the moss so they wouldn't fall out.
Lay them in all different directions and scatter across the table as many as you would like. These are perfect to accessorize your decor with this Easter.

• Moss  (Dollar Tree)
  • Terra Cotta Pots  (Dollar Tree)
  • Speckled Eggs  (Hobby Lobby)

30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
15 Perfectly Round Tables
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!

To see more: https://simplyjunkin.com/2018/02/26/how-to-use-terra-cotta-pots-for-spring-decor/

• Paula P
    Paula P

I just love the look of these pots. I'm going to make some for my entryway table. Where did you get your scale?

1 comment