I just can't seem to get rid of mice. They come in thru the tiniest ho

+5
  • Crystal Hughes Crystal Hughes on Feb 26, 2018
    I was told that steel wool plugged in holes will stop them

• Amanda Amanda on Feb 26, 2018
    Hello. You can put mouth balls out. They don't like the smell. I use them in my sheds and they work great. When we had them taking over and destroying things, I had to use D-con pellets to get it under control.
  • Rossanna Gordon Rossanna Gordon on Feb 26, 2018
    Try using a strong smelling oil, like peppermint or Fresh Cab Rodent Repellent -they are a little pricey but they work.www.earth-kind.com good luck.
  • Charlotte Erickson Charlotte Erickson on Feb 26, 2018
    Fabric softner sheets are supposed to deter them also.
  • Lisa S. Lisa S. on Feb 26, 2018
    Poison- "Just one bite" available at Farm stores. Stronger than what they sell for consumers. But just be aware that the mice may die. If you have cats (other critters that hunt mice) around , they may eat them, and die as well.
  • Ct1156 Ct1156 on Feb 26, 2018
    The exterminator for our building uses steel wool plus spray foam insulation. Cheap and easy!
  • Dfm Dfm on Feb 26, 2018
    I’m not a fan of poisons....often the animal will start to feel un well a d go to a “den” to recoup. It usually ends up dying there....and stinking. I prefer live catch traps. Bait with peanut butter. It often takes multiple methods to get them gone. Mice can have a litter of pups monthly. The best methods is a farm cat who hs been thought to hunt from its mama. Yes cats need instructions too. Plugging all holes gaps helps, mice can get thru a opening a half inch wide. Okay..why do I know this stuff? When still living with my parents, the kitchen are caught fire, much smoke and heat damage. Window blown out etc. while all was open the mice came in. Spring traps couldn’t handle the volume. The live catch was holding about 20 or so At a time. They were babtised In a rain barrel. Not many survived the experience.
  • Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Feb 26, 2018
    Don't use poison in the house. There is a chance that they may die in out of the way places like the ceilings and walls and you will have to deal with the smell until they decompose. Mouse traps baited with peanut butter work well. Put them along the tracks that they run. Peppermint oil on a cotton ball in a drawer should keep them out of their. If there is anything the oil may harm, put it in a snack size baggie that is left open for the scent to still do its work. The sticky traps work well too. Try to block any little opening on the outside of the house, same inside for places like under sinks, wherever pipes or cords come out of the walls down there.