DIY Grapevine St. Patrick Shamrock Wreath

$25

Valentine's Day is over and, lucky for me, there's still an abundance of hearts everywhere. Even better than that-- they're on clearance! That's a good thing because I came up with a way to use them for the next holiday. (No, I'm not talking about President's Day.) In this instance, I made a St. Patrick shamrock wreath using heart-shaped grapevine wreaths.

As you can see, I bought four.
As you can see, I bought four.

Then painted them green using Rustoleum's Spring Green spray paint.

diy grapevine st patrick shamrock wreath

This four-leaf clover was going to need a stem, so I wracked my brain trying to come up with something that would work. Then, I remembered that I had found a grapevine garland at a thrift store a long time ago. When I bought it, I had no idea what I was going to do with it. Now I know this is the project it was meant for!

I unrolled it and cut off about 18″. I made sure to cut on the outside of the roll because the part on the inside would be hard to straighten out.

So I gathered up all four “leaves” and arranged them on my table. Next, I found my floral wire and started attaching them to each other.

Finally, I attached the “stem” to the wreath using more floral wire.

So, there you have it. A quick and easy wreath to commemorate Saint Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland.

Afterthought: I've considered adding a bow but worry that might be too much. I'm also thinking about adding fairy lights. What do you think?

• 4-grapevine heart wreaths  (Michael's)
  • 1-grapevine garland  (thrift store)
  • Rustoleum Spring Green  (Walmart)