DIY Wishing Well

$250

I have always wanted a wishing well in my yard but it was always lower on the priority list than some of my other projects. Well, I volunteered to create the class project for my daughter's school auction and in trying to come up with an idea for what to build, I thought of a wishing well. It's the perfect yard decor, and by building one for the school auction, I could build one for myself at the same time! ;-)
Here are the abbreviated instructions for how I built my magical wishing well, for full instructions and downloadable plans, please visit my blog via the link at the bottom of this post.

First, I cut the 2x6 boards to side with each end mitered at 30 degrees. I then glued the boards together to form 6 panels of four boards each.

Next I cut 2x4 boards to size and attached them to the 2x6 panels.
I attached all the panels together to form the hexagon-shaped bottom of the well.

Next I cut and attached the two 2x4 boards to create the sides of the well.
I next cut and attached two 2x4 boards to opposite sides of the well base.
Then, I began framing the roof. I cut the 6 1x4 boards that form the horizontal boards of the roof frame. I also cut the 6 1x4 boards that form the roof trusses. I attached all boards to form the frame for the roof.
Next, I cut the 1x6 boards to create the panels for the roof. Each board was beveled and mitered at the necessary angles. I also cut and attached the round wood closet rod I had purchased to hang the bucket from, and to create the handle for the well.
Lastly, I sanded the wishing well and applied a coat of Thompson's Timber Oil Water Sealant in a Walnut color. I attached some rope and wrapped it around the well post and then hung a stainless steel bucket.
This took 2 weekends to build, the most difficult part was the roof and trying to make sure all the roof panel boards lined up properly.

Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
Pinspired to DIY

• Saul
    Saul

what nail or how you get it together

• Ron Sullivan
    Ron Sullivan

Like these plans. Going to add water fiture. Do you know what the approxment inside diameter was?

• Cindy Rubin
    Cindy Rubin

can't get your blog to pull up. any other way to get pdf full instructions?

• Tracey Rylander
    Tracey Rylander

Can't get the website to pull up either....get an SSL certificate not valid.

• Ellen Day
    Ellen Day

I would really like to build your beautiful Wishing Well. When clicking on you blog link it comes up with an error "Certificate Not Valid. Is there any way you could fix this. I see there are others who would like the plans also. Thank you.