DIY Pillows for a Sofa From Cloth Placemats

$10

To complement my new Mohawk Home area rug and my new sofa, I created colorful pillows for my living room. The pillows are actually stuffed double-sided cloth placemats, and cost me less than $10 total.
diy pillows for a sofa from cloth placemats, crafts, home decor, painted furniture
For my home's new sofa, I stuffed double-sided cloth placemats that I purchased from Target.
These are the cloth placemats (from Target) that I used for my placemat pillows. They were $3.99 each, and I got 5% off by using my REDcard.
I love the white border and the happy colors in my new DIY cloth placemat pillows.
To make my placemat pillows, I simply opened a little bit of the seam between the two sides of the placemats. (These are double-sided cloth placemats, with a different piece of fabric on each side.) I then stuffed each pillow and hand-stitched each seam opening back closed. I literally made these pillows in about 30 minutes and finished them just as the truck that was delivering my new sofa arrived in my driveway!
I love how the colors in my placemat pillows complement the cream and gold chevron pattern in my beautiful new area rug from Mohawk Home!
Lauren of Mom Home Guide

• RCARROLL3

I've done this too..adding lace or ribbon..The large linen ones turn out the best I think.

Did similar! Got two double sided placemats from thrift store for $1.90. Had some fiberfill from another project. Opened a seam, stuffed the placemats, and use E6000 to close the seam. Every one asked where I got the pillows.