How can I get rid of the mold that keep coming back to my bath room?

+5
Answered
  8 answers
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Feb 27, 2018
    Increase the ventilation by using an extractor fan and or turn down the temp. of water would help
  • Redcatcec Redcatcec on Feb 27, 2018
    You need to open the window (if you have one) and keep it aired out. The mold is coming from dampness and high humidity.
    You have to kill the mold, make a 10% bleach solution and apply it with moisture proof gloves on. Keep it well ventilated.
  • Lindy Lindy on Feb 27, 2018
    I was told by a restoration company that bleach only removes the color of mold, Hydrogen peroxide is what kills it, I use this method myself so it does work. If it is only in smaller spots soak cotton balls and place over the mold areas. Let it sit for as long as you can--like an hour or so to be sure. remove cotton balls and scrub with an brush, rinse and dry.
  • Liv Liv on Feb 27, 2018
    When you clean the mold don't just clean it. Make sure you kill it so that it won't grow again. Use bleach.
  • Dfm Dfm on Feb 27, 2018
    I had better luck killing the mold using half vinegar half water in a spray bottle. Bleach won’t kill the mold spores, but the vinegar does. The spores spread the stuff. Mold also needs to “eat” it can’t exist on a bare naked floor but it will feast on drywall. Most mold like the dark areas....use a daylight type bulb in the area of the mold. Keep it on until the mold and spores are gone.
  • Amanda Amanda on Feb 27, 2018
    Buy a bottle of "Mold Control". Usually home improvement stores have this.(We've had to clean up mold in our bathroom before.) It doesn't have an overpowering odor like bleach does. It comes in an easy to use white spray bottle. No scrubbing is required. All you do is spray directly onto the mold spores. Mold loves dark, damp areas. After you cover it in Mold Control place a fan in the room to help circulate the air and dry that area up. Also, get a light source. The brighter the better! Shine it directly on the mold for as long as you can. Then basically you just babysit it for a few days reapplying the Mold Control to spots that are being stubborn. My husband is a Firefighter/Haz-Mat tech. When the environmental company he works for has to go clean up mold they buy cases of Mold Control. If you do the above combined steps, like they do, it will get rid of it. 🙂

    **Side note: PLEASE NEVER EVER scrape or sand black mold! I know it may seem like a good idea to scrape it off to get it to go away. For jobs that require anything like that my husband has to wear a heavy respirator mask to do so. Scraping black mold makes it angry and disperses its spores and can make you really sick! I'm not trying to scare you. I am also a firefighter. Taking care of people is what I do. I would rather you be informed than sick.**

    Best of luck, now go kick that molds butt 😉

  • Mary Midden Mary Midden on Feb 28, 2018
    Ventilation needed
  • Nancy Akers Lobeck Nancy Akers Lobeck on Mar 01, 2018
    spray bleach on it and let it set for a while and then rinse.
Your comment...