How to removal water stains on cherry wood nightstand?

+5
I hrave water stains on my cherry wood nightstand table. I tried mayonnaise to no avail. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Betsy

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Feb 27, 2018
    rub vaseline into the stains with a micro-fiber cloth
  • DesertRose DesertRose on Feb 27, 2018
    I have had that trouble on my cherry wood also. I use Old English furniture polish for the water marks. It usually takes care of them. It comes in dark for cherry type wood. If that does not help, you may need to sand it and re-stain it. I hope it helps. You can find it where furniture polish is sold.
  • Ginny Ginny on Feb 27, 2018
    Have you tried covering it with MinWax Cherry finish??
  • William William on Feb 27, 2018
    Place a cloth over the stain. Use an iron on medium heat and go over the cloth. White (not gel) toothpaste and a damp cloth. A dab of toothpaste on the cloth and gently rub in a circular motion.
  • Mary Midden Mary Midden on Feb 28, 2018
    A Christmas Poinsettia in a terra cotta saucer provided mold and stain on a Pecan pie crust table. I sanded it (Ask for 500 grit paper) and then re-stained it with pecan color stain- you can find cherry stain. Blended in perfectly.
  • Bet13722673 Bet13722673 on Mar 03, 2018
    Thanks for your suggestion. However, that didn't remove the stains.

• Michelle Leslie Michelle Leslie on May 09, 2021

Hi there, Restore-A-Finish works really well. Just wipe on with a soft cloth in direction of wood grain and wipe off with a 2nd dry cloth. It comes in colors to match most woods and costs around $9.00.