Not a question, but a statement

+5
As an adviser here I love getting the chance to help people with their DIY projects, and other questions and issues. But I swear, Hometalk reads my mind! Just last weekend my husband and I were discussing removing the cabinets on the wall around the range and finding a way to make a shelf or a decent looking fake exhaust hood, and what do I get in my email today, but the very same project my husband and I were tying to work out! I just LOVE this site!

• Kristen Crawford Kristen Crawford on Feb 27, 2018
    Cool Beans!!!

• Karla Karla on Feb 27, 2018
    I enjoy it as well, I am a DIYer for the last 38 years and I love some of the things that come up. I have run across many things that make me say "Hey I know the answer to this because I have done this". Glad you are having fun doing it.

• Dianacirce70 Dianacirce70 on Feb 28, 2018
      Sometimes I get very hyperfocused on the projects I do on a regular basis, and when a new project hits me, I mull it over for a while. I am sure that the hubs and I would have been able to figure out how to create that range hood, but it was so great to just have that there right when it was what we needed!

• Kim Kim on Feb 27, 2018
    Hahaha! That happens a lot! I love this site!

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Feb 27, 2018
    It's nice to be able to pass on what we know to others, the young kids today don't seem to want to learn these things anymore.

• See 1 previous
    • Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Feb 28, 2018
      My kids DIY themselves, if they can't figure out how to do it, they come to hubby and me, and we figure it out between all of us to solve the problem. They have watched us fix things their whole lives without replacing things and now they do it themselves.