Asked on Feb 27, 2018

My new Sharp microwave gets steam between the door

Sandy ED BeardRedcatcecJoy30150932
+4

Using the sensor button and baking potatoes, steam formed between the door. Should I be concerned? The steam went away after a hour

• Geew
    Geew

Call the manufacturer and ask for Tech Support. But I wouldn't take any chances with a microwave that might have a possible leak.
  • Karla
    Karla

An hour is an extremely long time, it should not last that long. I have never had this happen in any microwave I ever owned, and my first microwave was in the 70's (I am dating myself). You say it is new, I would maybe contact the manufacturer, if necessary exchange it.
  • Nancy Turner
    Nancy Turner

If it goes away, it must have some circulation in there. It is from the steam that builds in the microwave when you heat things up. I would still check with the manufacturer to make sure it won't hurt anything or if they need to fix it or replace it.
  • Ta223160651
    Ta223160651

MAYBE PLACING THEM ON PAPER TOWELS . THE PAPER TOWELS MAY ABSORB THE MOISTURE
  • Joy30150932
    Joy30150932

It sounds like there may be a leak in the window seal. I would return it to the store. If it keeps getting wet inside it will eventually get grungy and you will not be able to clean it.
  • Redcatcec
    Redcatcec

Contact customer support from the manufacturer of the microwave, follow their trouble shooting directions. It maybe a simple fix, or not. They are the professionals that can help you over the phone.

• Sandy ED Beard
    Sandy ED Beard

Thanks folks I will call Sharp for the question