My container petunias are blooming with white streaks

+6
Is it possible that they need more fertilizer? I only water them when I see that the top of the soil is dry-ish, and they are in planters that hang on a wall, they face south. I live in Las Vegas, zone 9.

I’ve never seen this before, just wondering what I can do to have them blooming brightly again.
q my container petunias are blooming with white streaks
  • Joy30150932 Joy30150932 on Feb 27, 2018
    There are petunias which have multiple marks on the leaves. I do not see anything wrong with these.
  • Amanda Amanda on Feb 27, 2018
    Hello. That is the type of Petunia. They are just fine. Sometimes nursery's mix a few different colors in one basket for contrast.
    • T-Dawgie T-Dawgie on Feb 27, 2018
      Thank you for your response. This is the first time I have seen this coloring on the petals, as I’ve had them planted for about 6 months, and didn’t see them like this until just this week. I’m glad it’s a nothing burger! HAHA
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Feb 27, 2018
    There are variegated petunias mixed in
  • Shoshana Shoshana on Feb 28, 2018
    I believe that's just the variety of petunia. And it is beautiful!
  • Bonnie Bonnie on Feb 28, 2018
    The bright pink petunias are hybrids. As they breed and re-seed themselves, they will eventually turn back to their original color. Here's a link that explains this in more detail:
  • Mary Midden Mary Midden on Feb 28, 2018
    could it be the hybrid is reverting?
  • Carolyn from NH Carolyn from NH on Mar 01, 2018
    Funny story. I always plant dark purple. I bought 6 flats, planted them all in my annua garden. They grew so nicely, so pretty. Then up popped a pure white one. That petunias for ya. 🤣. Enjoy