How do you get rid of a water hammer in my pipes?

+7
drained the hot water tank. Now when I shut off water, I get a hammer.

• Suzette Suzette on Feb 27, 2018

Good luck!
  • William William on Feb 27, 2018
    Don't know why you drained water tank. Check the aerators on the faucets if they are clean. Remove the aerators and turn the water on the remove any sediment. Then screw the aerators back on. When you drained and refilled the water tank you could have loosened some sediment and to settled in the aerators and even the faucet valve.
  • Jcraw Jcraw on Feb 27, 2018
    Do you, by any chance, have radiators? I ask because,if you do, they need bleeding.
  • Shoshana Shoshana on Feb 28, 2018
  • Antk8 Antk8 on Feb 28, 2018
    YYOu have an air pocket in the pipes. Just shut off the water at the main and drain the pipes. Just the pipes, not the hot water tank too. Turn on a tap upstairs (the highest one in the house) a bit so the air in the pipes will have a place to exit when you turn the water back on.

• Greg Greg on Feb 28, 2018
    Drain tank to get rid of calcification in bottom of tank. Have hard water.
  • Dianacirce70 Dianacirce70 on Feb 28, 2018
    You can return them to places like Wal-Mart and target. You can also get a decorative bag, they hold a lot lol
    Oh so sorry! I'm mobile and posted to the wrong thread!
    Ther's air in the pipes. Draining then should help