Ideas on my deck?

+8
I need to paint my deck but I need help on some ideas .I want to put some sand on after painting it to give it a little grip so there won't be anyone falling especially on the steps. I was thinking of spray painting and then throw the sand on or. Would it be better to roll the paint or mix the sand in the paint and then roll or brush paint??I would appreciate and help tips on this matter. Thank you

• Ann Cherkas Halstead Ann Cherkas Halstead on Feb 28, 2018
    Mix the sand with the paint and roll with a nappy roller brush
  • Redcatcec Redcatcec on Feb 28, 2018
    Roll it on, you'll get a more even distribution of the sand than with a brush.
  • Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Feb 28, 2018
    Buy individual peel off sheets for steps, this will look nicer, and the others will have the sand rub off when you walk on it. Homedepot or Lowe's should have them. Ask the front desk which department that's in.
  • Ruthanne Ruthanne on Feb 28, 2018
    Use deck over from the Home Depot.
  • Danielle Whatsittoyou Danielle Whatsittoyou on Feb 28, 2018
    There is a product they sell in the paint department that is specifically made for this purpose. You can get it in different colors and grits.
  • Janet Janet on Feb 28, 2018
    When you purchase the paint ask them about adding the sand. Make sure it is an outdoor paint and roll it on.
  • Janet Panos Janet Panos on Feb 28, 2018
    Helli! You don’t need to go through the trouble or mess of adding sand to your paint. There is exterior paint that is nonstick or anti slip. For example, there is even a paint called Safe-T-Deck, which specifically has a textured finish that prevents potential falls! Good luck!
    Hello!
  • April E April E on Feb 28, 2018
    They make sand paint which would be best for what you want to do
  • Kelly Denoyer Russell Kelly Denoyer Russell on Feb 28, 2018
    They make packets of that grit that you just dump in your stain. I use it when I reseal my stamped concrete. Just ask When you purchase.