Laundry Cabinet

$16

Needed a solution for something - anything - to hold our laundry supplies. They were taking over the shoe bench in our entry hallway/laundry area.
laundry cabinet
Went to our local Habitat for Humanity ReStore and found this unfinished 12" cabinet. ($16)
laundry cabinet
Using some leftover semi-gloss paint, I started painting. I did 2 coats - waiting overnight in between coats.
laundry cabinet
After 2 coats all around, I cut some 3" boards (1/4" thick) - leftover from yet another project - to go across the width of the top as a support base.
laundry cabinet
I used Liquid Nails all around the top edge of the cabinet & used finishing nails to help hold the wood in place. (The liquid nails were leftover also - think I do a lot of projects!)
laundry cabinet
Next, I added 2 12x12 floor tiles - again, leftover from another project. I used the liquid nails again to attach them to the wood. Also, ran a strip of liquid nails in between the tiles on the top to look like a grout line.
laundry cabinet
Once both tiles were in place, I weighted them down while the glue was drying. Wait time before moving was about an hour.
laundry cabinet
Almost complete.
laundry cabinet
Added contact paper to the inside of the drawer & the bottom of the cabinet.
laundry cabinet
In place! Due to the lighting, it looks a bit more yellowish in this picture.

• Dan29105094

Great idea. Thank you for referencing that Habitat for Humanity reStore. I’ll be shopping there to redo my entire laundry room.

• Antoinette Rodriguez

That’s a great idea I been looking for a cabinet for my laundry room I have a small space in a corner now I must start hunting lol thanks