Laundry Cabinet

$16

Needed a solution for something - anything - to hold our laundry supplies. They were taking over the shoe bench in our entry hallway/laundry area.
Went to our local Habitat for Humanity ReStore and found this unfinished 12" cabinet. ($16)
Using some leftover semi-gloss paint, I started painting. I did 2 coats - waiting overnight in between coats.
After 2 coats all around, I cut some 3" boards (1/4" thick) - leftover from yet another project - to go across the width of the top as a support base.
I used Liquid Nails all around the top edge of the cabinet & used finishing nails to help hold the wood in place. (The liquid nails were leftover also - think I do a lot of projects!)
Next, I added 2 12x12 floor tiles - again, leftover from another project. I used the liquid nails again to attach them to the wood. Also, ran a strip of liquid nails in between the tiles on the top to look like a grout line.
Once both tiles were in place, I weighted them down while the glue was drying. Wait time before moving was about an hour.
Almost complete.
Added contact paper to the inside of the drawer & the bottom of the cabinet.
In place! Due to the lighting, it looks a bit more yellowish in this picture.

• Dan29105094

Great idea. Thank you for referencing that Habitat for Humanity reStore. I’ll be shopping there to redo my entire laundry room.

• Antoinette Rodriguez

That’s a great idea I been looking for a cabinet for my laundry room I have a small space in a corner now I must start hunting lol thanks