Peggy
Peggy
  • Cynthiana, KY

Outdated, Ugly, Blah, Blah Blah Lamps HOORAY So Glad I Waited!!!!!

$25

I have been looking for a pair of lamps for the bedside tables in our bedroom. The ones that I loved and really wanted were $125 EACH at a discounted store and I just could not bring myself to spend that much money on those lamps! Although at the time I was really attached to them and wanted them badly……..oh how I wanted them because I thought they were PERFECT! Talk about having an emotionally affair with an object! Well they were and they are perfect, but they’ll have to be perfect for someone else because I wasn’t spending that much money on lamps. I just couldn’t commit……Here is the lamp I had fallen head over heals for…………
The $125 Perfect Lamp!  YIKES!
The $125 Perfect Lamp! YIKES!
So I was cruising one of the yardsale sights on FB when I saw this pair of lamps! The shape was Nice! But the color, oh not so much. Red……..yeah red is out of style I kept telling myself, but I think I could fix that! Especially when I got the PAIR for just $15! Definitely my gain! While I felt for the gentleman I purchased them from, his poor ailing mother was going into a home and they were selling off her personal stuff, I was thinking, for $15 who cares if I mess them up! Right?!!! So I took them home. Here’s what they looked like……….they were NICE! Not!
Ugly Red lamp WITH potential!
Ugly Red lamp WITH potential!
You know what’s coming………..I got out the spray paint……YES I DID!…..and went to work! (2 cans at $5 each @ Lowes!)
outdated ugly blah blah blah lamps hooray so glad i waited, home decor, lighting, repurposing upcycling
Ok I even sprayed the shade white as an experiment, however I wouldn’t recommend that. It looks great when the light isn’t on, but when you turn the light on, you can see all these blotchy places, so I’m looking for new shades now. And since I’m looking for new shades anyway…….. I think I’ll get them a bit taller and a bit larger diameter!~
But in the meantime, the lamps look great! Don’t you think? And I feel fabulous not spending $250 on 2 lamps!!!!!! YAY ME!!!!!