How can I use the plastic buckets that cat litter comes in.

+9
They have lids and handles. I have stacks of them. Seems like a waste to throw them in garbage or recycle.

q how can i use the plastic buckets that cat litter comes in
  • They would be great for organizing toys (like Legos). As a retired teacher, I know I would have been able to use them for storage/organization in the classroom.

• Dfm Dfm on Mar 01, 2018
    Ah yes...very familiar with them. Great to soak stained laundry in. Great to water plants, store Christmas decorations, out of season clothing. Planters for veggies....

• Carmen Carmen on Mar 01, 2018
    They would work great for kids toys, garden supplies or garage supplies. You can also use it to make a foot stool. You can decorate and put herbs or plants in them.
  • Barb Adams Barb Adams on Mar 01, 2018
    I love free buckets! I use them for mixing small amounts of mortar or stucco repair, for painting, or to soak painting tools when cleaning up, to hold paper towels and cleaning products or tools and nails when working on tasks, to store bird seed, to hold ziploc bags of horse feed in single servings when I take my horse away for a weekend of horse-showing or trail riding. They are the perfect "use and toss" carry-all! I could go on and on!
  • Jessi Love Jessi Love on Mar 01, 2018
    I started buying store brand litter and reusing my bucket. And I have also use them for my son's toys. I have one on the back porch that holds my potting soil. My mom uses one for her cat food. And I have also cut them down to make decorative baskets with twine wrapped around them.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Mar 01, 2018
    https://www.hometalk.com/3412565/a-new-life-for-an-old-cat-litter-container?r=1
  • JR JR on Mar 04, 2018
    I'd clean the sticker off or spray paint them. Then stack them on top of each other, filling them with some sand (something to make them sturdy). Make 4 stacks of 3 or 4 pails like this. I'glue the pails together. I'd find a table. Secure/glue eack corner to your bucket legs. This leaves room under neith the table to store the other buckets with supplies etc. Label them all.
    And lastly I'd make a simple trolly to pull the extra buckets out from under neith the table top.
    Using the same technique. The pails could be used as out door bench legs...
  • Eil22229440 Eil22229440 on Mar 04, 2018
    Where do you live? I rally need them. IS there a way I can get them? Cost??
  • 25593779 25593779 on Mar 04, 2018
    Remove the handles, drill a few drainage holes and paint. Instant flower pots.
    Wrap in contact paper or apply cute stickers and use for kid's toy storage.
    Stack them together on their sides and bolt them together. Put a wooden top on and you can have storage cubbies.
    I've seen chicken nest boxes made of them too.
    My husband has a few he uses to store small pieces of wood in and he also keeps his heavy duty extension cords in.

If you run out of things to do with them then list them on freecycle. Someone will grab them fast.
  • Deanna R Deanna R on Mar 05, 2018
    I kept my car washing supplies in one and even used it as the bucket. I kept my small garden tools and my potting soil in others. if you have more than you will use, you could offer them on Freecycle.org or Craigslist.
  • Adrienne Knight Adrienne Knight on Mar 29, 2021

Ask the animal shelters