My air vents in the foundation of my home have broken missing wire mes

+4
  • Mogie Mogie on Mar 02, 2018
    Replace the missing wire.
  • Laura Cooper Laura Cooper on Mar 02, 2018
    Fix this fast before you get unwelcome guests. It would be wise to check the crawlspace to make sure they haven't already set up housekeeping. Your local building supply stores will have replacement screening. I've usually seen it near the roofing section.
  • Janice Janice on Mar 02, 2018
    You can purchase new wire mesh at a home improvement store. Just measure the vents that need to be repaired and then purchase a bit more than mesh than you need. You can likely cut with heavy-duty scissors or a garden pruning implement.
  • Sharon Sharon on Mar 02, 2018
    Critters! They make these gray plastic inserts with screening. Measure the hole and visit either your home store or True Value to get a replacement....
  • Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Mar 02, 2018
    I used some screen cut to fit I had on hand and secured it with a bead construction adhesive. We were pleased it was the only thing to fix on a rather clean home inspection with home sale.
  • Shore grandmom Shore grandmom on Mar 02, 2018
    I would definitely get the wire mesh like suggested, and I'd do it really soon, or you might have some unwanted house guests. I would look into replacing the whole vent sometime in the near future.
  • Joy30150932 Joy30150932 on Mar 02, 2018
    Purchase some screen which is used for screen doors and staple or glue it on to your vents.