Paint alternatives for bathroom tile

+8
My house was built in the 1950's so I have tile half way up the walls as well. I know I need to use specific paint for the tub, but there any other paint that is appropriate for just the walls ?

• Dysko7710 Dysko7710 on Mar 02, 2018
    They do sell specific tile paint for tile walls in bathrooms. They also sell primers, as well. And some brands are tub and tile paints, that can be used for both.
  • I’ve used kilz with no problems even in shower.
  • William William on Mar 03, 2018
    Rustoleum Tub and Tile Paint kits. Prep is the key.
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Mar 03, 2018
    I have know folks to Wallpaper over tiles! Use Self adhesive stick on tiles or Transfers. \mirror Tiles . Tile over the top with different size tiles.
    • See 1 previous
    • Anita Morgan Anita Morgan on Mar 17, 2018
      Could you send pics? I have a 2x2 window so the frame tiles could use some TLC as well. Thank you!.
  • Janet Janet on Mar 04, 2018
    I have used latex paint and it is still on the tiles for about 7 years now. I purchased the paint from Sherwin Williams
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Mar 04, 2018
    Great to hear that.......
  • Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Mar 04, 2018
    They have paints, finishes and application tools now that would be perfect... take a photo to the paint department of your home improvement store and ask for their advice.
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Mar 17, 2018
    Sorry, No pictures . They were only suggestion not projects I have done myself., well not in my current home.