How to Trim Bamboo Shades

$20

Window coverings are expensive! I found some discounted ( Only $6 each!!) bamboo shades that were too wide for my window. So, I decided to trim them! It's easy to do and it saved me about $80!! The cuts look just like the manufacturer cuts look.
how to trim bamboo shades, diy, window treatments, windows
After: My blinds hung in the livingroom. I love the look of these. It brings in a natural element and some texture to the room.
Unfortunately the home improvement store I bought these from only trim a certain brand of their shades. How to Trim Bamboo Shades? It's pretty straightforward and if you're on a budget it's certainly going to help save you money.
In the process of trimming the bamboo shades. Taped, measured and started sawing with a hacksaw. The miter box keeps your cut nice and straight. It takes some muscle but it's definitely worth the effort since you're saving so much money! Custom blinds for under $20!!
Leigh Anne @ Houseologie

• Awesome! I tried scissors on mine first and they were too thick. It definitely took some muscle but it was worth it!

• Lindagolden

love the idea. did not know we could do this our self.thank you so much ,for the idea.