How to remove mold from concrete?

+4
How to easily remove green mold from concrete and lessen it's return?

• Judy Kirkpatrick Judy Kirkpatrick on Mar 03, 2018

It's called Concrobium, has different forms. Try Home Depot, Menard's, etc.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Mar 03, 2018
    Try Wet and forget safe for all surfaces
  • Landsharkinnc Landsharkinnc on Mar 03, 2018
    sounds like algae; most 'mold' is brown/black, but pressure wash with a product for concrete/decking that the run off won't kill your plants; the keep it clean during the year -- using salt or vinegar can damage the concrete over time.
  • Liz Liz on Mar 03, 2018
    Use bleach to clean. Remember concrete is porous until it is sealed. talk to the local paint store regarding appropriate sealing solutions . This will be an opportunity to stenciling it to resemble wood or bricks in a variety of colors and styles. I leveled out my cement to address areas that had worn due to traffic. then painted it with the "grout" color then used a brick stencil with my color of choice. Then, sealed it. I had to address the seawater air and excessive UV exposure, so talk to your local paint advisor. Stencil can be made or purchased scan the web for stencils other than what your store carries. I have seen address numbers and family names "painted" on to the top stair.
  • Sharon Sharon on Mar 03, 2018
    I get Lily Miller Moss Out in the hose spray attachment bottle and spray it on, let it kill it, then use a palm brush to brush away the dead bits.