Green cleaner recommendations?

+6
What can I use to clean the bathrooms, kitchen, etc that is a green cleaner? Have been buying store-bought sprays that make it tough to breath while using. Please help me with items that are not only good for the environment but that leave surfaces clean as well. Thanks

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Mar 04, 2018
    https://www.hometalk.com/categories/green-living/natural-solutions/cleaners
  • Vernon Hale Vernon Hale on Mar 04, 2018
    Melaluca product are all natural and environmentally friendly. Can be ordered on line directly from the company.
  • Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Mar 04, 2018
    Simple Green. Buy it at Homedepot or Lowe's, and dilute. 1 cup to a gallon of water. You can purchase some eco-friendly cleaner, but you'll pay much more. Simple Green diluted doesn't over power you with the smell.
  • Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Mar 04, 2018
    Bp, here's how to make an All-Purpose Cleaner: Using a funnel, put 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon dish soap, and 2 tablespoons vinegar into a spray bottle. Give it a stir/shake. Let it sit for a minute, now fill bottle with warm water and shake it up. Give it a few more minutes to calm down, and add a few drops of essential oil if desired.
  • Imjhale Imjhale on Mar 04, 2018
    Vinegar and water for glass and counter/stove tops, baking soda is mild abrasive and absorbs oil for greasy stove top and ovens; if you spay full strength vinegar over it the bubbling reaction helps remove stubborn gunk; also great for bath tubs and sinks. Salt and/or baking soda with lemon for stains. Use vinegar for cleaning toilet bowl and also pour a few cups in the tank at night - helps with mineral build up and deposits. Clean shower doors by spraying with vinegar and then using mixture of half saltand half baking soda to scrub and remove soap scum.; also use on grout - vinegar kills mold and mildew in these areas as well. Borax added to your laundry for better cleaning and whitening
  • Teresa Lopez Teresa Lopez on Mar 04, 2018
    There are tons of books with recipes for natural cleaners. The one I like is called The Naturally Clean Home!
  • Cristine Schwartzberg Cristine Schwartzberg on Mar 04, 2018
    I like white vinegar with cream of tartar. The recipe that I use comes from this webpage. http://razorfamilyfarms.com/crafts/cream-of-tartar/
  • Deb K Deb K on Mar 05, 2018
    Method makes some nice cleaners