Painted Ceiling Fan

$10

After a small mishap with an overflowed toilet on the second floor I found myself replacing a ceiling fan in my living room.

Then I saw the old white filthy fan in my kitchen and decided I hated it.

I took it down, took the whole thing apart and scrubbed it clean.

Spray painted 3 coats of hammered bronze.

I painted the blades to resemble weathered wood. I dry brushed 3 colors of acrylic paint. Black, Bark Brown and Heather Gray.

Let it all dry overnight put it all back together and put it up.

I didn't like the typical frosted glass domes so I used these cage domes. That I ordered on Amazon.

I'm not sure if I'm going to leave them black or paint them bronze as well. Opinions welcome on that.

I still need to replace the light bulbs cuz those look awful.

But I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.

With the clear LED Edison bulbs.

Much better.

Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized

• AKP

How do you like the Edison bulbs? I love the look of the bulbs, but I am not sure I would like the amber glow. That is how it is described on the packaging anyway. Do they put out enough light? For instance, I think they would look great in our bathroom light fixture, but I am hesitant to purchase, is it good enough light to apply make-up, for my husband to shave, etc? Thank you for your input.

Love the fan as well. We moved into a new house in June. There are currently 7 ceiling fans. The are all very outdated! Some we may paint, others we will replace. One has faux wood and wicker blades... any advice on THAT ???

• Janet Carey

some wick fan blades are plain on the flip side, check that out before ditching them

• Jody Price

I love the black cages, but they might look ever better bronze with the Edison bulbs..?

• D

I like the cages black. Nice contrast. You seriously dismantled the whole mechanics of the fan? Oi. I have an enormous ceiling fan with light in our family room that I positively hate. Its 16' up but so ugly. Sprayed with a tone that would coordinate with our remodel & replace the ugly dark brown light bowl- then maybe. Not sure I can find a replacement bowl. I'd like to just remove it and put a really cool light/chandelier, but hubs says we need the fan due to the vaulted ceiling. Good job. An economical solution, since fans can be expensive. 👍

• Joanie

I love your style and the entire ceiling fan looks wonderful, as is!!

• Shelly

Well u asked I think you should do the cage things in bronze as well