Painted Chair With Unicorn Spit

$20

Redoing my living room. This chair did not look good with new design, but it was comfortable. I had bought Unicorn Spit back when it first came out. Had used it on wood and now wanted to use it on fabric...So I plunged in. It was so easy. 1 day for primer and drying and 3 hours next day for painting. Next day for Scotchgard 3M sealing. Should have done more research on YouTube..Painting Fabric. and unicornspit.com
Started with an overstuffed chair.
Unicorn Spit recommends using Chalk Paint as a primer, took 2 coats to cover design. After, (key word) priming, did research and should have sanded between coats to keep fabric soft. Needs to dry 24hours between coats.
My Unicorn Spit colors and my inspiration fabric. US dries fast.
The chair was moved around so I could paint comfortably. Usually I work outside,,,too cold, Luckily Unicorn Spit s easy to clean up.
I recommend doing this all in one day to keep the creative rhythm going. It's like water coloring. Spray with water to blend colors or to whip it off. Even after it dries you can reconstitute it. That is why it should be sealed. I used Scotchgard, but after researching, I found you can use wax.

After it dried I could see where it needed some shading and more color balance. Easy.....spray with water and add or take away what you want.
The back is different than the front....creative license. See how much better this chair looks with couch and area rug. Sealed it with Scotchgard. Editing this after your comments. Should have done more research on painting fabric. Sanding, between coats of chalk paint, would have made the fabric softer..

31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen

• Virginia Keating
    Virginia Keating

I simply LOVE this idea! Wouldn't it work better with fabric paint??

• Keri
    Keri

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT....Why can't I share this? I want to show my Hubby! OMG I plan on doing my kitchen table, Hutch...Probably EVERYTHING

• Kandy Scott
      Kandy Scott

I don't know why you can't share...Hometalk issue. I have Mac...here is how I save pictures from Pinterest and Hometalk.

Double click on the picture and a window pops up and select Save pictures as. Send to your computer files.... Then send from computer. I have to do this with pictures of plants for our plant sale.

• Denise Arneson
    Denise Arneson

How did you achieve that design? I have a berry faded patio umbrella that I want to pain then seal with a water proof UV protective spray.

• BeeZee
    BeeZee

Omg, I absolutely love this chair makeover! It's a great accent piece for the living room! Wtg!

• Kandy Scott
    Kandy Scott

Thank you...yes it has brightened up the living room.