Asked on Mar 5, 2018

What can I do to this lampshade??

Suzy Koch-RichardsLindaPatti
+3

I was going to try decoupage but I've never done that before. Not sure what to do with it. Something easy I hope.
q what can i do to this lampshade
q what can i do to this lampshade
    • Karen

Thank you very much, for all your suggestions I appreciate it.
  • Itsmemic

I think your best bet is to throw it out. Go to the thrift store and pick up a great one for a few bucks.
  • Patti

I’m afraid that shade has seen its better days.
  • Linda

Trim off rough edges, then use glue gun to apply fabric. Roll fabric around shade and pin in place. Cut fabric leaving at least 1/2 inch at top, bottom and a 1/2 inch or so where fabric meets running up & down. Apply glue to your beginning edge to hold in place. Now fold under ending edge, a little more at top than bottom for a straight horizontal seam and glue down. Next fold over your bottom cutting slits about every 1/2 inch or so to make it lie flat an glue as you go. Do the same to the to except cut notches to make smoother. Done and pretty. This is so easy and you can use any fabric you want to suit your decor. You can also add trims, beads, bling, contrasting fabrics or colors. What ever suits your fancy. Also using a glue gun, you can fairly easily change the fabric if your taste changes. Have fun, hope this helped.
  • Suzy Koch-Richards

Ttrim off the rough edges. Then starting from the bottom of the shade slowly and cramming it as close as possible wrap yarn around the entire circumference of the shade. Start with a color you like and then gradually change to different shades of the color as continue up to the top of the shade. I was planning on doing something like that with an old shade I had, but then my son took the lamp when he moved out of the house. (Paste the link below for a picture)