Any ideas on how to cover a switchplate with fabric or paper?

+9
Wanting to coordinate with other items in same room

• Karen Karen on Mar 05, 2018
    I would try spray starch or fabric glue , on the plate and then put the fabric on there cut a cross in the Middle where the light switches and folded under.
  • Karen Karen on Mar 05, 2018
    Or you could just spray painted.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Mar 05, 2018
    Switch plates are not expensive, replace with new ones the cost will be the same by the time you purchase the material to cover them
  • Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Mar 05, 2018
    Modgepodge? They make different formulations now including one for fabric.

• Janell Janell on Mar 05, 2018
      Someone else suggested same as you do think
      I will try. Thank you so much!
  • Just glue the paper or fabric on the plate, folding some excess to the back. When it's dry, cut an X in the switch hole, fold the fabric/paper back and glue it in place. Poke holes with an awl where the screws go.
  • I used mod podge; remove plate from wall, spread with m/p lay face down on fabric or paper. When completely dry, use an Exacto knife to cut out the holes and trim around the edges (or fold edges over and secure in back of plate). Was really easy and looks great.
  • Janell Janell on Mar 05, 2018
    I bought mod podge and x-acto knife today and will give this a try! Appreciate the helpful feedback!!
  • Linda Linda on Mar 05, 2018
    Mogpog or diluted elmers glue