Asked on Mar 5, 2018

Cheap artificial tree or shrub lighted for outside?

MagnoliaMemoriesLandsharkinncTrudi
+2

I have looked around and they are so expensive, I want 2 about 3 feet tall, and I want lights on them

Craft stores sell artificial trees and generally offer coupons, then purchase lights separately
  • 2dogal

Check at your local thrift stores. Keep going back as their merchandise changes often.
  • Trudi

artificial plants are pricey. Look for them to go on sale or in the dollar store. I am very cheep, so we cut a good size branch off a tree, got the thin wire fairy lights and wrapped them around it. You can even paint the branch if you want. I then took a large plastic lid cut a hole in the center, put it in a pot and put the branch in the hole so it stands up.
  • Landsharkinnc

make your own --- find a 'natural' tree branch that is the right shape/height; $Stores have LOTS of inexpensive 'greenery' -- that you can twist, hot glue, wire, to the various branches; then add your rice lights -- anchor the branch in a decorative pot with Plaster of Paris and top with either stones or dried moss -- all of which - except the branch itself, and maybe the Plaster of Paris can e found at the various $ Stores
  • MagnoliaMemories

Garage sales are a great place to find artificial trees. Clean that baby up and cover it with lights. I sold seven artificial trees in excellent shape with lights last summer for...gulp, $5.00 a piece.