Farmhouse Serving Tray

$20

A neighbor was throwing out an old cabinet door, and I couldn't let it be thrown out. So I took it home and finally came up with a plan! Watch how I transformed it into a chic serving tray.
First, I wiped it clean and got to sanding it!
I made sure that any loose wood chips or pieces of dirt were gone.
Then, once it was all clean, I decided to give it a white washed look. I mixed a bit of white acrylic paint with a bit of water and gave it a light coat.
Once it dried, I got ready to image transfer! This is something I've wanted to try for awhile, so I was pretty excited!
I chose to go with the Mod Podge method. First, I painted a light layer of mod podge over the printed image. Make sure to cover the image itself and not only the paper it is printed on.
Then, I laid the image face down on the surface.
And let it dry overnight!
Once it completely dried, I wet the paper and let it soak for about 60 seconds.
Once the paper was completely soaked through, I began to rub away the paper. As the paper peeled off, I could see my image peeking through.
I peeled off all of the paper and wiped the surface down with a wet rag. Then I brushed on a layer or varnish.
Then, I attached two drawer pulls as handles on each end of the tray. Now it is a functional serving tray!
I am in love with my new morning coffee station ;)

acrylic paint

• Lin1263925

i love what you did I just wanted to ask if there was a special ink in the printer very nice again linda

• Wendy

Hi Linda, nope! You just print your photo as you usually would. I used an inkjet printer :)

• Suzanne

Did you cut off the end that was slanted to square it up?

• Arlene Ellerbrock

Not sure I understand, but did you apply the Modge Podge ONLY to the image itself?