How To Paint Upholstery

$20

Do you have a chair in great shape, but you hate the upholstery? Or, have you passed by perfectly good chairs at a yard sale or thrift store because you didn't like the upholstery?
It's an easy fix! Paint it!!! And, It's much less expensive than having the chair recovered. And, when done properly, it will be soft and supple just like fabric.
I found this chair at a local thrift store. It was in perfect condition, but the fabric was dated and the seat was faded. And, the best part, it only cost $7.50!
I started by misting the fabric with water. This will help the fabric accept the paint. A spray bottle from the dollar store works perfectly.
I chose the color, Gravel Road, from The Dixie Belle Paint Company. It's a deep, rich gray.
When painting with Dixie Belle Chalk Mineral Paint, it is best to use a damp brush.
I painted on three thin coats, allowed each coat to dry completely, then I sanded between each coat with a 400 grit sandpaper. Sanding is the key to keeping the fabric soft and smooth.
The finishing touch was done with Dixie Belle's Best Dang Clear Wax. This will also keep the chair soft, yet durable. And, when you factor in the cost of the chair, the paint (I used approximately 12 ounces), and the wax, I have a beautiful elegant chair that costs under $20!

18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
15 Memorial Day Crafts
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Virginia B

• Daisy@TX

Ok I believe I will try this since if I understand correctly the paint is ready to so no mixing in with a medium then I'm good to go.

• E95656

So pretty!