Shona Lene
Shona Lene
  • La Plata, MO

Out Dated Console TV to Fab Dog Bed

$50.00

I picked up this old console television off of a local swap shop and immediately knew I wanted to turn it into a cozy and fun bed for our little Pomeranian, Lilly.
out dated console tv to fab dog bed, painting, pets animals, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects
I gutted the TV, added a bottom shelf, and an upper trim piece my husband cut out from scrap wood. I used Zinsser primer, then sprayed Sherman Williams Mariner paint with my handy dandy paint gun.
We added a plywood back I covered in grey and white chevron contact paper I ordered from Amazon, left over from another project.
I picked up some red fabrics at Wal-Mart and sewed Lilly size pillows. I used a wooden letter from Hobby Lobby to outline my "L" before hand painting it in white fabric paint. I also used the original hardware, just spray painted it white.
Added a few more pillows...
I then added this red bucket I had purchased last summer from Dollar General to hold all of Lilly's stuffed animals. "Dream" and "TOYS" were made with my sister-in-law's Cricut.
I think she loves it!!

• Bonnie

Hi! Does Lilly jump up or climb onto her fantastic new bed alone, or does she need help? The 'floor' seems almost as high as she is tall! And then there's the pillow! I'm curious because I have a small pup also and wondered what adjustments I'd need to plan for her to be able to get up there. Thanks!

• Shona Lene

Hi Bonnie! Sorry I'm just now seeing your question. Lilly is able to jump in her bed without much effort, but I have considered making steps for her. It's probably not as big of a jump as it seems in the pic, but she is super tiny. 😊 Good luck with your pup! 🐶

• Cathy

Shona - I love your puppy's new bed! I was wondering - was it hard to take out the tv components out of the cabinet? And how did you dispose of the tv components?

• Cathy

Shona - sorry, I just read thru the comments and see that you answered my questions. Thank you!

• Sandra Staton

That is so sweet. You did a great job. Love the colors. The pillows add so much charm and comfort.

• Btvassn

U r under arrest. LOL Don't know what Lily gonna do while u serve time for your crime. I bought one of these back in the dayz for 600 hard earned, cold cash.