Elaine Meggs
Elaine Meggs
  • Lawrenceville, GA
Asked on Mar 7, 2018

Ant killer suggestions?

EllisNancy TurnerDfm
+2

• Liv

I hope this works!
  • Dfm

equal parts borax and sugar. Sugar attracts, borax kills. You can dissolve in water and dunk a few cotton balls to stash where you see the ant trails. Keep pets way from this. I use it around the foundation of my house to keep them from coming in.
  • Nancy Turner

If you can find the mound (follow the ants) put cornmeal mix that has sugar in it on and around the mound. They go for the sugar, bring it all into the nest and the cornmeal kills them. You can put some along one of their highways and they will bring it home that way too. This is not dangerous to animals, so you can use it around pets, just make sure they don't lick it all up!
  • Ellis

I have had good luck with Amdro ant killer stakes. Poke them into the ground, ants take bait back to nest. Sometimes I upend a clay flower pot over them, to keep squirrels/neighborhood cats away.