Ciara
Ciara
  • Chatham, NJ
Asked on Mar 8, 2018

King headboard-beautiful headboard ideas that I can do myself?

Lisa CarrPattiLisa S.
+3

Easy beautiful headboard ideas that I can do myself at home inexpensively

• 2dogal

Look at the pictures on Pinterest. They have hundreds. Follow their directions after you find one you like.
  • Lisa S.

Also check with thrift stores and Habitat for Humanity Restore. One can be had for as little as $15.00 sometimes. Then paint / refinish to match your room. Sometimes buying is a less expensive option that making something from scratch.
  • Patti

I used 1/2 of a bi-fold door. Covered the top with 2-3” foam slab. Over that I put fabric, pleating at the corners, for a smoother look. you can then use ribbon, soutach edging or even long tacks in a pattern. This can be attached to the wall or add legs.
  • Lisa Carr

If you have a headboard or a piece of wood paint it in your color(s), buy some cheap mirrors (Dollar Store, Walmart e.g.) break them, and grout them like tile. More traditional?? Get a piece of peg board, (whatever size you wamt - can be long and narrow or wide and deep) add some foam, cover with batting, cover with material and you can finish there or sew some buttons thru to the back of the peg board in a typical diamond-tuft shape. Tah-dah!