Asked on Mar 8, 2018

Suggestions for changing back splash?

Lagree WyndhamMagriet GeldenhuysDiane Kirstein
+7

q see my letter
I had my extractor fan replaced recently and then decided to have the back splash tiles fitted. Colourwise something seems wrong. This is not the wow kitchen I really wanted. What do you suggest. The cupboards are mellomin. Thank you so much. Magriet Geldenhuys.
  • Janet

I think the cabinets are the isssue here. They seem to need a make over and I would consider using a darker color to make the space flow better
    • Magriet Geldenhuys

I am in a townhouse and the kitchen is small and open plan. What colour do you suggest. Tks for advise thus far.

The cabinet color is not correct against the tiles
  • Chas' Crazy Creations

It looks great! If you want to change something, I think the easiest thing would be to change the cabinet color. If you are thinking about painting then I would recommend Dixie Belle Paint company as they have little to no prep work, great customers service, and a little goes a long way. You can check them out here - Dixie Belle Paint Company
  • Lisa S.

You have a great kitchen, it just is not finished yet! Like a great new outfit, before you add a scarf, bracelet and earrings! New handles on the doors of the cabinets. Also you need an accent color. The big problem is the lack of color red goes great with grey and white, and black. Consider, red throw rugs, red containers, a set of red candles, etc. see below.

• Magriet Geldenhuys

This is a small kitchen. i am in a townhouse. Kitchen is part of open space area. Only friidge, washing machine, dishwasher and kitchen sink are behind a wall and cannot be seen from lounge etc. What colour do you suggest keeping in mind this is melamin wood. Tks. Magriet
  • Janet

I think a cherry would look very nice
  • Diane Kirstein

I would suggest do the uppers ultra pure white & the lower almost like a battleship gray. The backsplash will pop & the stainless will still make the statement it’s intended to do & it will not be over whelming. If battleship is not your color go to Sherwin-Williams pick out paint swatches bring them home & compare. You also can get paint pens or buy sample paint to see what tickles your fancy. I recommend Sherwin-Williams —A. Once on your on their mailing list they send you 20%off coupons for future project. B. The main reason: they offer a Basment paint (not killz) w/ no Oder comes in a satin finish ( satin is easier to wash & doesn’t lose its luster) & it repels moistur, mildew,mold. Which I’ve used. It’s great. Good for the bathroom & kitchen & ok by heat. Good luck. Post pics once decided
  • Magriet Geldenhuys

Thank you Diane. I love the 2 tone colours. And the battleship grey. Will speak to the painter. Magriet.
  • Lagree Wyndham

I am like everyone else, its the cabinet color...personally I would go white on uppers and lowers. The counter top and Tiles would really pop.