Faux Greenery and Lantern Urn Filler

$58

I already had urn planters on my front porch but every year I have to replant and I was finding it too much work to remember to water. I saw this urn filler and lantern on Grandin Road for $129 each and figured I could copy it for less. The faux greenery came from Michaels (40% off) and afloral.com. The lantern came from Micheals. I spent $58 total. I could probably have spent less if I bought all my faux greenery from Michaels.
faux greenery and lantern urn filer
I bought the bush variety because it's more cost effective and then cut each stem off.
faux greenery and lantern urn filer
I used two FloraCraft dry foam bricks (2.8inx3.8inx7.8in) on top of old potting soil to raise to the right height I needed.
faux greenery and lantern urn filer
Put moss on top of the foam.
faux greenery and lantern urn filer
Put lantern on top and start adding faux greenery.
faux greenery and lantern urn filer
Finished product. I still need to put candles in or else I was thinking I could change out the middle with different flowers.
faux greenery and lantern urn filer
This is the Grandin Road inspiration.

• Heavy duty wire cutter  (Home Depot)
  • Faux greenery  (Michael's & Afloral.com)
  • Lantern  (Michael's)

1 comment
  • Wendy

You did a beautiful job! And the result is not too far off from your inspiration!