Anne
Anne
  • Springfield, KY
Asked on Mar 8, 2018

Recommendations for cleaning grout?

Jennifer | CrazyDiyMomShore grandmomJana
+4

• Awilda Roman

I diluted bleach with a drop of dish detergent. Used a toothbrush and as it dried, it whitened. For stubborn stains or yellowing - you may need to do twice. Just allow it to fully dry before applying a second wash.
  • Amanda

Hi Anne. I mix simple green with water and then scrub the grout lines. I then wipe up any excess and go over the entire floor with a steam mop.
  • Jacquie

My go to is a toothbrush, baking soda, hydrogen peroxide and elbow grease!,
  • Jana

I used a solution of bleach and water in a spray bottle. Used a regular bottle with a few tablespoons on bleach and filling the rest with water. Sprayed the grout, let it sit for a few minutes and wiped it off with a sponge.
  • Shore grandmom

After you get it clean, if you still don't like the way it looks, you can paint or stain it. Whether you get it clean and are happy with it or if you paint or stain it, make sure you seal it. It will be easier to keep clean after that.
  • Jennifer | CrazyDiyMom

I take a bottle of hydrogen peroxide, squirt it onto the grout lines and scrub it with a toothbrush and then wipe it up with a damp rag.