How To Make A Purse Clock

$6

If you ever see a cheap purse at a thrift store or garage sale don't pass it by.
Or maybe you already have a purse that you're not using anymore that you just can't seem to get rid of. Now you don't have to.
There's a fun and easy way to repurpose it into something cool.
When I saw this lovely $1 orange faux-patent purse I just had to have it, but not to use as a purse... but to make into a clock.
I found the centre of the purse by measuring, and I marked the spot with a pencil.
I used scissors that have a sharp point tip to drill slowly and carefully through the purse to make a round hole, watching it from the inside as well. You want the hole to be just large enough to fit a clockworks through.
Then I gently pushed my clockworks through and secured it on the outside with the nut that came with it. Screwing it in just tight enough, but not too tight.
Here you can see that the clockworks where the battery goes is inside the pocket. I put it in battery end up so it's easy to change when needed. Having it inside the pocket is great because it can be closed up and the purse can still be used for storage.
I added my hands to the front of the purse, and now I have a cool clock perfect for a walk in closet or a bedroom shelf... or anywhere that you want a fun purse that can tell time.
To see more detailed instructions and a second purse that I also did click on the link at the bottom of this post.

Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
Color Me Thrifty

• Carole Vanlandingham

Why didn't you stick on the numerals?

• Color Me Thrifty

Just a personal choice. I have a thing for clocks with no numbers, but you could certainly do that.

• Joanie

I really think this purse is a Time piece!! I'm wondering where you should hang it? ?????????????????? Near your coat closet, so the women don't forget their purses???????? I like it!! At a horse race???? ????????

• Color Me Thrifty

Thanks Joanie! I think you could hang it anywhere really, especially if you're someone who loves purses. Mine has been hanging on my bedroom door.

• Gabrielle Falk

Really??? Are u serious??????? Why would u bother, at all??????????

• Kandie Mack

One of the most fab clock recycling ideas ever..i wonder if women would actually try carrying one around in this manner.

• Elowe9171

I'm sure if the person was not careful the hands would brake off cute idea!

• Monique

Come on....you must be joking!!! 👎