Asked on Mar 8, 2018

What to make from old Christmas cards?

GinnyFiddledd224Jewellmartin
+9

• Jana

Oh my there are so many things!! One of the cutest I have seen is using them on brown paper bags as decoration for gift giving. You can search for - DIY old christmas cards on Pinterest and hundreds of options will come up. Have a great time!!
  • Fran Winchester

I cut mine up and use them for scrapbooking or to make gift tags for Christmas gifts.
  • Shore grandmom

Children can make Christmas ornament out of them.
  • Rho32433910

Here is a link to show you how to crochet around motives from old Christmas cards to produce pretty Christmas baskets. I have made small tree ornaments using the same technique. The basic principle can be used to make boxes with lids too/. I do realise there's a good chance that you don't crochet but it's the only project I have found that I liked
    to use beautiful Christmas cards that you feel dreadful putting in the recycle bin. Here's the link but there are lots of similar ideas out there. /www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJL63pJrB7A
  • DesertRose

We used to put them on large construction paper, cover it with clear contact paper, and then use pinking shears on the edges, they make gorgeous and nostalgic place mats for the holiday. This is also a great project to do with kids/grandkids.
  • Cynthia H

Some senior centers also accept (and thank you) for cards to use for crafts. I save pictures I like. Sometimes I frame them for the holiday decorations. There are dozens of other ways to use them! Your imagination is the only limit (and after that Pinterest!). Here's a link: https://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/?rs=ac&len=2&q=used%20christmas%20cards%20what%20to%20do%20with&eq=used%20christmas%20cards&etslf=12814&term_meta[]=used%20christmas%20cards%20what%20to%20do%20with%7Cautocomplete%7Cundefined
  • Redcatcec

I have cut out parts of the picture where there is a space to write the person's name who will be receiving a gift-kinda like a to and from tag.
    Sometimes I have used the verse as a message on the name tag.
  • Chubby58

Go to wikihow.com. Type in how to make a box out of greeting cards. They have step by step with pictures and they are so cute!
  • Jewellmartin

I like to use them for thank you cards for Christmas gifts. If the pretty pictures are written on the backs, I glue them to regular size ty cards, and the cards come with envelopes, too. ☺️
  • Fiddledd224

Glue them onto a sheet of paper and laminate into placemats. They can be wiped clean after each meal.
  • Ginny

I cut mine up and made tags for next year's gifts, i.e., trees, Santa, or other pretty features. Used a hole punch and red or green yarn for tying on gifts.