Does anyone have any ideas on how to clean a mirror or glass?

+9
Am cleaning a house with poor quality glass on closet doors. Windex is streaking any one have any suggestions?

• Dee Dee on Mar 09, 2018
    glass plus works better
  • Dfm Dfm on Mar 09, 2018
    skip the windex, find a pail and use water and dish soap as if you were washing the drinking glasses. Rinse . Dry with a micro fiber cloth/ lint free cloth.
  • Bijous Bijous on Mar 09, 2018
    It the wax that's streaking. Put rubbing alcohol in spray bottle and clean. Buff with newspaper.
  • Pam Delk Pam Delk on Mar 09, 2018
    Try vinegar.
  • Lynn Lynn on Mar 09, 2018
    Newspaper is the key any cleaner will do. Newspaper doesn’t streak and will not leave lint. Crumple up a piece and go at it.
  • Mike Reding Mike Reding on Mar 09, 2018
    If you have plenty of ventilation you can use a 50/50 mix of ammonia and water in place of your Windex. I would try using newspaper (not the colored part) and Windex first. Usually if you are using glass cleaner and it is streaking it is the rag or towel you are using not the cleaner. Newspaper works very well and leaves no residue.
  • Alice Alice on Mar 09, 2018
    Use white vinegar, water (preferably distilled water), in a spray bottle or a large bowl, Wipe with a microfiber cloth, soft lint-free cloth or a newspaper. Use cotton swabs or a soft toothbrush to get hard to clean corners.
  • Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Mar 09, 2018
    I like to use newspaper to dry glass. Use the classified sections because there are fewer photos. The windows or mirrors might have a coat of hair spray and room deodorizer which will hurt the clarity, so washing with vinegar, water and a drop of detergent can remove the film. Best wishes ☺️
  • Che21643420 Che21643420 on Mar 09, 2018
    Thank
  • Keith Johnson Keith Johnson on Mar 09, 2018
    I get the best results using plain water!
  • Tasha Tasha on Mar 09, 2018
    I use a 1:1 ratio of white vinegar & water & instead of paper towels that leave lint, I use coffee filters.