Asked on Mar 9, 2018

What is the best way to clean glass stove tops?

PappyGerri HaumschildBetsy
+7

I have burnt spills, that just don't seem to come off, short of using steel wool, which I think would not be a good idea on glass!

• Gk
    Gk

DO NOT USE STEEL WOOL! Buy Weiman Glass Cook Top Cleaner. It's a paste similar to car wax. You apply it using NON scratch scrubbing pads, let it dry and then buff it off with paper towels or a clean white cotton kitchen towel. They also make a spray that works for every day cleaning!
    Sugar spots and egg spots are the most difficult to get off.
  • Joyce Risso
    Joyce Risso

I have a white stove and use a ceramic stove top cleaner for this purpose bought in the soap department. Normally I clean the surface after each use leaving the cleaner on tough spots for a few minutes. The consistency is like a paste of powder and water and stays where put. I only use a dish cloth to scour the spot. Leaving the surface with a light coating of cleaner to dry, polish with a dry cloth when dry. This makes the surface easier to clean next time. My stove is over 10 years old and surface is still like new.
  • Geew
    Geew

I use the knock off version of Mr Clean Magic Erasers, they work great and for hard spots, a little more elbow grease and the spots are gone.
  • Amanda
    Amanda

Hi Karen. I use a magic erasers. It cleans mine well and gets all of the burnt stains off.
  • Laura Cooper
    Laura Cooper

Use just a dab of the cream cleansers for glass cooktops with a lot of water. Let it sit for several minutes. Using a nylon scrubby that is not green (need pink or white) scrub stains. You can use a brand new razor blade at a shallow angle for really stubborn spots. Don't give up. I clean professionally and this does work but may take several treatments. Use lots of water with this process and just a small amount of cleaner.
    Betsy

Try using a mixture of vinegar and cream of tarter - the dry stuff. Make a paste and let it sit for about a minute and wipe it off. You may have to do it a couple of times. One of those eraser sponges may work after that.
  • Gerri Haumschild
    Gerri Haumschild

I use Bar keepers Friend and sometimes a razor...carefully.
  • Pappy
    Pappy

Auto Glass cleaner,in a spray can