Asked on Mar 9, 2018

Room darkening shades have light coming through all around the sides

Gerri HaumschildGkMogie
+3

I just had room darkening shades put up and am so disappointed because there is light coming in on all the sides. Does anyone know what I can do about that?

• Itsmemic

bummer. Especially since you paid to have this done. The shades need to be installed inside the window frame not out. For a quick fix, there are blackout curtain rods that wrap around the window..then pick up 2 black out curtains to put on either side.
  • Dfm

i work nights and sleep days..I used shades that were labeled cut to size,,and used hook and loop tape thet came on a roll from a fabric shop double sided tape to hold the Velcro on the wall side and the shade side,
  • Tinyshoes

Could you possibly use double stick tape?
  • Mogie

I had the same problem. Just hung some curtains over the blinds. That seems to have done the trick.
  • Gk

Do you have drapes or curtains hung on the windows? If you hang room darkening panels over the windows that will help immensely.
  • Gerri Haumschild

can you put a dark frame on inside of existing window frame..pushed back so shade will move?