Asked on Mar 9, 2018

Gardening question

DianaAnn AspinAndrzej
+3

What plants for clay, full sun and on slope so good drainage. Large area previously brambles now cleared.

• Gk

Daylilies! They will come up ever year and keep filling in. They flower all summer and you don't ever have to do much with them! I cut mine down in the fall and I dig big plants up in the spring, separate the bulbs and replant.
  • Ann Aspin

Thank you! the only thing is, it's quite a large area to cover - I would say 40' x 20'. Would the Daylillies cover this kind of area?
  • Andrzej

Sunflowers. Inexpensive. Many different varieties/colors/heights yadda, yadda, ... . For a really "nifty" effect buy packets of whatever you find attractive empty into a bag/box shake 'em up and spread. See what happens. Extra added bonus seed bearing varieties feed the birds.
    Good luck.
    Have fun!
    Peace

• Ann Aspin

Thank you for your suggestions! Really good ideas.
  • Diana

I would plant some day lilies(you would be amazed how much ground that they cover in time), creeping juniper, lamiun, coreopsis, Myrtle if it is semi shade, ornamental grasses Or creeping phlox. it seems to take about three years to really take off for most of these.