How to Create a Perfect Landscape Ring

64K Views
This tutorial is part of our Lamp Post Makeover project. If you read that post, you'll remember that our old lamp post stuck crookedly up out of an unruly bed of growth contained by a lopsided "circle" of rocks.
Time: 4 HoursCost: $0Difficulty: Medium
  • how to create a perfect landscape ring
Once we pulled out all of the old growth and removed the stones, we saw that the lamp post wasn't even centered in the "circle."
Since the original circle wasn’t quite circular, and since the post wasn’t centered in the not-quite-perfect circle, Handan put her brain in gear and came up with a good plan for a wider perfect circle with the lamp past in the exact center. She tied a rope around the lamp post, ensuring that the knot was loose, so the rope could turn about the post without winding. She then secured the other end to an edger.
We removed the sod, leveled the area with some patio base, and then I started laying in the landscape bricks. In order to keep the perfect circle with the bricks, I used the same rope that Handan used for the edger. Each time I laid a brick, I pulled the rope over the center to see if the rope was perpendicular to the brick.

Here I’m using a mallet handle to better illustrate my point.
And that's all it took to get a perfect circle of bricks!
If you'd like, check out our other outdoor projects like this DIY waterdrop solar light. It is very easy to make and delightful to watch at night.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for reading!

-Greg

Suggested materials for this project:

• Landscape bricks  (Lowes)
  • Lawn edger  (Home Depot)

To see more: https://www.thenavagepatch.com/lamp-post-makeover/